Saturday, September 29, 2007

Pictures!

So now that I have a phone, I have pictures! It IS a camera phone with no auto-focus, but it's 3mp so it's not so bad. Anyway, I've taken quite a few so far, and posted most of them on www.andrewinnihon.myphotoalbum.com. I'll post a few on here too.

This is a shot of our apartment building from across the street. The parking lot in front is open to anybody, so those cars don't belong to anyone I know.

This is from the doorway of Azabu Hall, the one most of my classes are in, one of the buildings of Temple University in Japan.

This is a pretty common street picture in Japan, especially because of the bikes. Tokyo Tower, which is really close to our school, is in the background.

I took a little walking trip on my own over to Tokyo Tower one day and shot this picture from the base.


I always used to drink water almost exclusively and thought it was sort of dumb to pay for other drinks since they weren't as good for you and I never really liked a lot of them THAT much anyway. However, I am addicted to Milk Tea now, and since this one is half a liter for only 105¥, I can't stop drinking them.

It's pretty common here for American celebrities to advertise Japanese products. I read a really interesting article once analyzing the reasons it works the way it does etc, but the point is that it's pretty funny to see over here, since these same celebrities would hate for anyone to know about it, since this kind of thing doesn't reflect well on them in America. Tommy Lee Jones is currently being paid an exorbitant amount to advertise Boss canned coffee. He doesn't even hold a can, he just stands there looking tough.

This is a shot of Lake Chuzenji in Nikko with some mountains in the background. Very beautiful area.

Kegon Falls in Nikko. The stream is a run-off from Lake Chuzenji.

Ok, this picture... I was riding on the train on the way home one day when I happened to look down and see A HEAD in this lady's bag. For like one second I was really totally freaked out! Like wtf omgomg why is there a head in the bag... I mean I noticed it wasn't real right away but STILL. So I took a picture. The bad quality is due to the shaking of the train and the inconspicuous way I tried to take the picture, due to the fact that I felt really shady taking a picture of some random girl's bag.


I can't remember if I posted this on here yet, but I went surfing last weekend with some friends I know from church :) It was pretty awesome, but there are no pictures of me trying to surf, unfortunately.

I think I mentioned this, but we went to a Sumo Tournament for Dave's birthday a week or two ago. Most of my pictures aren't very good (I have no optical zoom) but this is what most of them look like. Sumo is actually pretty fun to watch, although it'd be better if more matches lasted longer than 5-6 seconds.

I have tons more pictures on my myphotoalbum site that I linked to above if anybody wants to see them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So according to Yuki, those yellow lines on the street are supposed to separate bikers and walking people. But nobody follows the rules anyway.

I'd really like to know what the head in the bag is for though.

Japan is nice, pictures of food for next update pleaaaaaaaaase. =d